The Cambodian Education Forum (CEF) was co-founded on 01 July 2020 by a group of three emerging Cambodian scholars (Kimkong Heng, Sopheap Kaing, and Vutha Ros) who aspire to promote education research and publication in Cambodia. The team was later joined by Koemhong Sol, also an emerging Cambodian scholar. The common vision is to provide a platform for Cambodian researchers, educators, teachers, students, and administrators, especially novice and emerging writers, to express their views and share their perspectives, understanding, and research findings on topics relevant to education in Cambodia and beyond.
CEF strongly believes that Cambodian students, teachers, academics, and researchers have a wealth of knowledge and perspectives to share in shaping understanding, beliefs, and attitudes regarding education-related issues confronting Cambodia and other countries in the region and the world.
Although the focus is on education in Cambodia, CEF welcomes and publishes unsolicited short or full-length research articles on educational issues of interest to readers in countries in the region and beyond.
CEF’s main aims are as follows:
- To provide a publication platform for Cambodian researchers, educators, and students
- To share knowledge, research findings, and informed opinions about education in Cambodia
- To support Cambodian novice writers to publish through quality peer review, mentorship, and editorial processes
- To publish essays, opinion pieces, and research articles about education in Cambodia and beyond
- To offer insights from education experts through interviews, discussion, and publication
- To share education-related resources to students, teachers, academics, and researchers
- To promote Cambodia’s image in the regional and international arena
CEF is still under development, but the vision behind this initiative is ambitious and inclusive. We seek to promote research and publication in Cambodia, particularly research conducted by Cambodians.
We are currently seeking funding, sponsors, donors, and volunteers to maintain and sustain this platform to offer common benefits to diverse users such as students, teachers, academics, and researchers.
We start as a small team, aim high, and aspire to make a positive impact on the education sector and the research and publication culture in Cambodia. Now the CEF team consists of seven core members: five editors and two associate editors.
We believe each Cambodian has a vital role to play to shape and improve the Cambodian society and raise Cambodia’s image on the global stage.
We start small, aim big, and aspire to create a real positive impact.
Kimkong Heng (co-founder & chief editor)
Sopheap Kaing (co-founder & editor)
Vutha Ros (co-founder & editor)
Koemhong Sol (editor)
Cambodian Education Forum
All correspondence should be sent to the editors at email@example.com.